April 2, 2021
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said his social media site will be able to handle 1 billion users.
"It is going to be the most safest, securest, and able to handle a hundred, 200, a billion people," Lindell said of the site, named Frank, on the War Room Pandemicpodcast Friday.
Lindell continued that the site will be hosted on self-bought servers so tech giants won’t be able to take it down, unlike what was done with the Parler app earlier this year.
"None of these guys are going to be able to take this down. We're gonna all come over there. All the influencers ... all these people that can't say on their podcasts the word 'Dominion,' or they can't say 'vaccine, a vaccine is bad for you.'”
"They are going to be able to speak out and speak freely, and it's going to be amazing. The voices of hundreds of millions of people are going to be heard."
Lindell, a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump, revealed plans of the new site earlier this month after he was permanently banned from Twitter for repeatedly claiming the election was “rigged” in President Joe Biden’s favor.
"It's not like anything you've ever seen," Lindell said at the time. "It's all about being able to be vocal again and not to be walking on eggshells."
The site will be a hybrid between YouTube and Twitter and will reportedly launch in the coming weeks.
Lindell’s announcement comes after Dominion Voting Systems filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against the businessman for his statements that its voting machines were rigged.
"You're also going to have MyPillow going after Dominion in a countersuit, and that's going to your First Amendment speech,” Lindell said in response to the suit. “You're going to have me go after them, countersuing them.”